Friday 13 July 2007

Morning sickness and sticki-outie belly

A week's passed since my last update. The morning sickness (which seems to last the whole day and night) is getting worse. I've not had to be physically sick yet, but there's been alot of dry heaving and discomfort. My belly's sticking out quite abit - and I've ended up having to purchase my first maternity clothes (a dress, a pair of combat trousers and a black t-shirt)!

I bumped into an ex-colleague at a department store last week and of course, he wasn't suppose to know that I was preggers...just yet. He stopped, and then asked 'is there any good news???'... I looked down in horror and there it was, my little belly, sticking out rather defiantly! He thought it was hilarious that I was freaking out - but he also said that it was quite obviously obvious. I mentioned that no one at work had asked me about it, and he thought that they were all 'walking around with their eyes closed'. hm.

The next day, another colleague (male again) made a comment and figured almost immediately. I guess that's it then guys, we've been out-ed!

I'm still quite nervous about it - since we're not quite out of the woods yet till at least the first trimester.... which is in roughly 4 weeks time. We have our first midwife's appt on Tuesday morning and it will probably take an hour to go through all the questions - feeling really excited about it, coz it makes it all so much more real, and then maybe I can go ask her all the silly questions I've got stored up! hehe.

Had a bit of a negative backlash from some nasty colleagues a couple of days ago where they had guessed that I was pregnant, didn't come and confirm it with me or anything, decided to tell some other people. When I finally told this particular person that I was pregnant, she looked at me coolly and said "I know"... blimey. and to think I thought that she of all persons would be most sympathetic or enthusiastic since she gave birth 1.5 years ago and I had to take over all her responsibilities!! Shan't devote more space onto this worthless creature - but it did make me so mad.

ok - gotta go now. Cleaners are on their way and I need to tidy up!! (huh?!)

P and the pea

No comments: