Tuesday 3 July 2007

6 week scan!

I've just got home from the hospital... and there's a heartbeat!! I can't believe it - it exists, in my belly (for want of a more scientific word!!)...

The instructions were for me to drink 1-2 pints of liquid 2 hours before the appointment. I didn't really do that as I needed to wee about 1.5 hours before! oh well - I just drank more water. We got to the hospital, signed in and waited. Thankfully, because we smiled alot and were friendly, the lady at reception pushed me up the waiting list and so we got to do our ultrascan about 5-10 minutes after the appointment time (given that there were at least 6-10 other people waiting their turn, we were very lucky). I guess it helped that I said I was bursting to wee, and she completely sympathised.

So, anyway, we went into the room, and explained the situation. She immediately found a heartbeat and we took a picture!! :) (when I get round to scanning it, I'll load it up here). I guess that for me was the confirmation that I needed - I was well and truly up the duff!! :)

She confirmed that it was 6 weeks along and 5 mm small (how cute). It's only a smudgy-grey thing now within a sac, but it's there.

I know it's still a long way to go and many things can go wrong, but fingers crossed and with prayers, all will be ok.

Rang dad on the way home and he was completely lost for words - I guess given that we'd not told him that we were trying and given that my mum's passed away 15 years ago, we don't talk about personal things like that ever.

If all goes well, baby will be born around my mum's birthday, which will be excellent news.

ok, will log off now.
P and the pea

No comments: