Friday 27 July 2007

Getting stranded in Munich

I've not updated the blog for 2 weeks now - so sorry...but have been really busy. Was stuck in Munich last Friday because our flight got cancelled. Stuart and I went out to Bavaria for a day's meeting which went really well. I even got to meet the boys for about 20 minutes during the break time which was great. On our way to the airport, Stu got a text message saying that our flight home was cancelled due to bad weather in London (and after that, we found out that it was also due to bad weather in Germany). To cut the long story short, we ended up being given hotel rooms for the night, free dinner at the hotel, and of course breakfast the next day, and got bussed back to the airport to catch out flight at 11.30am. Whilst we were waiting for our flight at the gate, they actually made an announcement saying that they were over booked and if there were any volunteers offering to get bumped off, there'll be compensation!! I looked at Stu and said, we'll use every pregnant excuse we can come up with - we are going home!!! We did, and ended up landing about 12.30pm. It was a long trek home (D came to pick me up...:)) but we finally got home at about 4pm. Got invited over to P and J's house for home made pizza which was very gratefully received...:)

So, we are now 9+4 (according to me) and 9+6 according to the scan. I'm still feeling nauseous with morning sickness but I've not really had to throw up yet, which I suppose is a consolation. I've taken to wearing maternity clothes, definitely the trousers and they are very comfortable. Yay! Have also managed to find some black maternity trousers that fit... yay for that too. I can now look slightly more professional when I have to!

We met our midwife last week and it was a great meeting. Karen's really helpful and nice...although I'm still not sure about the use of midwives in the birthing process since back home and practically everywhere I know have OB/GYNs on duty and consulting every time they meet!

We also got our Nuchal Scan booked for the 15th of August... that will mark our 12th week date... I can't wait to see baby.

ok - gotta go now. will update soon. A and O are over this weekend - can't wait!

P and the pea

No comments: