Tuesday 25 September 2007

Nose to the Grind...

Hiya...got back from Germany on Friday after a really long but fruitful and successful trip to 2 companies and doing lots of interviews and questionnaires. We now wait for the questionnaires to be returned and my PhD student can start number crunching!

Back to work yesterday and as usual, bureaucracy gets the better of the situation. Thinking rather naively that by sorting situations out before they become crises, I find out that this is not the done thing around here, and that I ought not have sorted what's going to happen when I'm on maternity leave. So, I'm thinking now, that I should just sod everything, and leave them to deal with it.

The workload isn't too bad this term - except for about 3 weeks in the middle of the term, the rest of the time is pretty ok. Then again, as it stands, my diary's booked up all the way till November, so if I can survive till end November, I'd be really pleased!!

We are now 18+1 days pregnant and growing. I felt the baby move the last couple of weeks but I wasn't sure about it. I guess it's what people call 'fluttering', 'butterflies'...:) We can't wait for our appointment at our next scan at 20 weeks!! Hopefully we'll be able to find out what gender it is then!

We've also made an appointment with the nursery in town to check it out. We've put our names down at the work's nursery but found out there was a long waiting list and that even with the 9 months maternity leave we get these days, they couldn't quite guarantee that we'd get a space for Christmas 2008!! So we're looking into alternatives. P and J have put V into the one in town and they seem very pleased with that place... D was always impressed with the place so hopefully when we see them next week, we'd be suitably happy.

ok - that's it for now. I need to go do some updates on work stuff and then I'm off. I have a cold and am not feeling too good..!

Love
P and the pea
18+1