Monday 1 October 2007

nasty colleagues...

I blogged about having gossippy nasty colleagues about 2 months ago (people who were 'upset' with me because I didn't tell them that I was pregnant at 7 weeks and basically reacted as if I was offending them and upsetting them by being pregnant?).... well, I've just found out that one of the 3 of them is pregnant!!! yes!!!!!! I wonder how the others are reacting to it. They've not told me about it - oh no, they wouldn't have that.... I think there's a word to describe such characters... mostly animal names... one could go with the female version of a pet-animal... or one could go with a typical farm animal. ARGH!!! **Edited to add that I have since found out that she's not only pregnant, she's actually 4/5 weeks ahead of us... which means that when she asked those questions, she was in a 'much safer' position than we were. When I asked her (when I bumped into her recently, first time since that encounter) whether she knew that she was pregnant then, she knew immediately which date we were talking about and said "yes, I was 11 weeks but I didn't want to say anything till after the scan."...Duh... if she felt that way, then why couldn't she think that perhaps I might feel the same way...?!?!?

We are 19 weeks now. I've not put on any weight since about 4-5 weeks ago. I'm still hovering around the 60kg barrier...which is probably good since I put on too much in the first trimester, I think. See this link for more information http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/

The 2nd trimester is indeed the best period so far. Everyone says I look like I'm glowing (maybe it's another word for 'fat'?)... and that I look really well. I do feel well most days. I do have a bit of a backache but that's normal apparently!

We have our 20 week scan next Wednesday and I can't wait... will it be a boy? a girl?? I just want it to be a healthy little one. :)

ok... signing off now. gotta go home.

Love
P and the pea