Wednesday 5 September 2007

Our midwife's appointment - no. 2

Hello! It's the day before we leave for holiday, and we've not packed. I usually leave it to D to pack, but I've not assembled my stuff yet! I figure my pregnancy repertoire isn't very large, so it won't be too difficult to try and gather all the clothes that I can possibly fit into! :)

Anyways, just to report that we had a really good appointment with the midwife yesterday and the results of the Trisomy 21 (http://en.,wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome) and Trisomy 13+18 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisomy_18, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisomy_13) tests were really good. Our combined risk for Tr21 is 1:6633, and that for Tr13+18 is 1:12213, which basically interprets to 'not at increased risk', which is good enough for me!

More exciting, we managed to hear baby's heartbeat really clearly for the first time! The midwife put the monitor on my belly and said, "let's see if we can hear baby's heartbeat"...and then within a couple of seconds, there was a loud 'whoosh whoosh' sound really quickly... and the midwife smiled and said 'baby's heartbeat's very strong and very clear'!! :) We were so pleased - it just made it so much more real for us... I wish we could have taped it, but it's ok, we've got the fetal heartbeat monitor which hopefully will start being more accurate in a few more weeks.

ok - gotta start sorting things out and packing. Will check back in a week or so...

Love
P and the pea

2 comments:

JayWalk said...

I can't believe that you have this blog since June and you are only telling me now??!!!

How can???

drcrab said...

sorry dude...!! am I forgiven?!
p