Thursday 11 June 2009

G's nursery's been taken over...

by a Singaporean company!! OMG...

we got a letter a few days back saying that Busy Bees (used to be owned by ABC learning centres - an Australian co?) has been bought out by Knowledge Universe which is a Singaporean company! wow - apparently the Australians were in some financial trouble and had to hive off Busy Bees and they finally found this company to buy them out. Curious to know who/what Knowledge Universe is, I googled them (what did we do before Google?! - a question asked by one of my MBA students) and found out that they also run Pat's Schoolhouse!

Now, I hold Pat's Schoolhouse in great esteem as I know at least one of my friend's children is enrolled there, so I'm quite pleased that it's the same company with hopefully similar high standards..

well well, Singapore isn't all that small after all! Or maybe Singapore is physically a small island, but hey, its reach is far greater! Let's hope they don't change things too much, or if they do, they'll be for the better! Maybe they'll introduce Mandarin as one of their languages... hehehe