Tuesday 8 July 2008

Our solo trip to Bluewater...

G and I went to Bluewater last Friday to meet Em, puppy and ratty. It was such an achievement for me as Bluewater's about 40 miles away (takes about 45min-1hr to drive there) and I did it all by myself. I'm usually quite reluctant to drive distances by myself as I'm worried that I'll fall asleep. Factor in the G-man who's unpredictable at best, and you can understand why I was not keen to do this trip. About a month ago, the NCT girls wanted to go to Bluewater, and last minute, I copped out as G wasn't too good in the car (he'd cry everytime he got into the car), and I didn't want him crying all the way there and back!!

Fast forward, G at nearly 20 weeks and I decided that we could possibly risk it. He was very very good on the way there, slept all the way. We had sushi (which was a bit of a rip off!) and then spent a significant amount of time in the changing rooms, feeding and changing and feeding again! But it was good. G didn't do too well on our way back, crying for 30 minutes of the way. I had to steel my nerves and get home as by then it was rather late and I didn't want to sit by a layby feeding him!!

All in all, a good trip anyway, and hey I might do it again too!

P x