Monday 14 July 2008

G's latest weigh in...


At his 20 week visit to the Health Visitor's, he weighed in at 15.8 pounds (7.04kg) and somehow managed to 'shrink' to 66cm!!!?! OMG. The weight's still about the 50th percentile (slightly below) and he'd not gained as much weight as I expected him to (as compared to other weigh ins). Kathryn didn't seem too bothered about it, so I guess I shan't worry either. He's looking well, and is still turning onto his belly at every opportunity! We'd just come home from our First-time Parents group and all the mummies (and daddies) were really impressed with G's amazing feat!! haha... felt so proud! Apparently all the other babies (even those who are his age or slightly older) aren't going on their bellies yet... (the proud parent syndrome's creeping in!!!)...

he's still thankfully sleeping through the night too - well, waking up for a feed at about 4 or 5am's fine...!

Still haven't gotten my head round the whole weaning thing but we did buy some organic pears and carrots on the weekend. I might start to make some purees!! Egad! My baby's growing up! having said that, I'm very tempted by the notion of baby-led weaning (http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/) as there's no need for purees and mush! Have to think about it more. The Department of Health doesn't promote this, and it's seen as a faddish thing. I think it does make some sense!

p x