Monday 14 July 2008

My Big Three-Five Birthday Weekend!!



So, I turned 35 on Saturday... I can't blooming believe this. Friday, I was still in my early-thirties, and by Saturday night, I was in my mid-thirties. hmmm... but D (and the G-man, of course!!) did a really good job helping me celebrate it! :)

On Friday, there was a delivery of a bunch of beautiful flowers (roses, lilies, some other flowers I can't identify but think they are really beautiful anyway!) from the G-man, with a message "Dear Mummy, thank you for everyday!!"... Thank you George, and Thank you Daddy!

Friday night, my cousin arrived from Manchester, and we had a chinese take-away dinner...Yums!

Saturday morning, D arranged for a surprise manicure at my local salon, which was great, coz the last time I had a manicure done was in September last year, in Portugal whilst on holiday! It was all a very cloak-and-dagger operation as I had no clue what was going on.

The manicures were completed at about 1245 (D bought Jill one too) and I thought we were going straight home, but Jill rang D and was told to stall me till he rang us! Jill came up with a story about how the 'transportation' for the next part of the birthday surprise was not ready and I didn't know what was going on again! Didn't quite understand why we needed 'transportation' since we had a car! Anyways, the phone rings at about 1pm, and Jill reports that we need to go home coz G wasn't co-operating and needed his mummy. Whilst that was going on, my dad rang to wish me a happy birthday and I think was slightly disappointed that baby wasn't with me!

Anyway, we returned home,.....to a surprise birthday party!! Couldn't believe it. D had invited Lorraine, Chris and Euan, Chris and Nat, Rob, Jenny and Phoebe! There were others who were invited but couldn't make it for various reasons - I totally did not expect this (thank you D!)... It was fun - the last time I had a party was probably...my 21st..? (Jay, if you're reading this - you remember it, don't you?!). We even had a cake! (that looked like it was on fire....thanks alot!).

Following day on Sunday, Dan had organised a spa day for me at Rowhill Grange (http://www.rowhillgrange.co.uk/) - where I'd my hen weekend. It was lush! I had a back massage, and a facial. Totally relaxed.

Today, it's back to the grind with baby, but it's ok - I feel like I've been given a 2nd lease of life! Oh, forgot to mention that G must have realised it was my birthday coz he was very very good the whole day, and even laid quietly in his cot for 1.5 hours when he woke up on saturday (at 7am) ! Was very impressed.

Thank you hubs for a lovely lovely birthday. :) Mwah!!

xx