Tuesday 10 June 2008

Daddy's home alone with G!

Following on from the previous post, D was home alone with G, from about 8am, to about 9pm. And I think, he's finally realised/understood, how difficult it can be. Very 'fun' and great to be with the baby, but it's a full on job (having said that I'm typing this at 4.40pm, and G's having a nap.. - long may it continue..well, at least till I finish this!).

I rang a few times (10am, 1pm, 6pm, 7.30pm) and thankfully, he wasn't screaming except for the last time at about 9pm, which was when he was due a feed and D thought that I could feed him (and I would have liked to) but the train came in at 9.10pm, so I was too late (when G wants his food, he WANTS his food NOW!)... (people have wondered where he gets his impatience from... dum de dum de dum...haha).

They were very active during the day - they 'sunbathed' in the garden (great pic of G on the sunlounger, and on the picnic mat...!), they went for a walk (great video), lots of giggles (all on vid), and even to G's first football match (D runs his office's football team and they had a game that evening)! I would love to be that active with G but am nervous about lugging baby around every where I go. When I'm alone, we try to do one activity a day. Some days (like today) we just stay at home). We weren't supposed to be home today, but our date to Whitstable beach with Shelley and Sophia got postponed.

D will be home alone again on the 23rd of June with G... Let's hope it'll be just as fun! Ironically, because I'd expressed milk a few days before, G had a whole day of just breastmilk, which is great!

We have his 3rd round of immunisations tomorrow - wish us luck! Must remember to calpol him before we go. We then have our weigh-in on thursday. I can't wait to see how tall and how heavy he is. He's definitely put on weight. Tried weighing him by carrying him and then minusing my weight, and it looked like he's now about 6.5-7kg! which is great. We'll get the official reading on Thursday.

ok - will sign off now.

P x