Monday 2 June 2008

Breast Mastitis

Something else wrong with mummy?!?!

yup... last tuesday, I went to London to do some rather lucrative work with another institution...and left daddy with G (that's another post!). Anyway, left home at 8am, got back at 9pm and brought my expresser with me. As part of the meeting plans, I'd also asked for a 'private room'. Rather embarrassing since I didn't even know these people! But hey, they provided, and I expressed and transported back from London 2 bags full of milk hahah.

When I woke up that morning, my left breast felt rather tender - I didn't think anything of it. But by the time I got back that night, it was hurting like mad. Turns out it was mastitis. I had to have a bath about 2am, as it was just intolerably painful. Both boobs were also leaking and feeding G was a nightmare - but we continued to let him feed.

The next day, I trooped off to the doctors who gave me antibiotics and some ibuprofen (just as well, for my wrist too!). It's feeling alot better now, thank God!!

On a more positive note, G's still sleeping through the night, going down on average about 9pm (sometimes earlier, sometimes later), and waking up on average about 4/5am. Which is great! :) He feeds at 4/5am, and then goes back down till 7/8am. He hangs out with daddy for an hour or so and then gets handed over. It's alot more manageable... and we've got a routine where he has 2 naps a day (sometimes he goes for 3).

On weekends, it gets abit knocked out of sync because we do things like shopping, and have lunches/dinners (or like this past weekend, 2 BBQs and a dinner!). By about bath time, he's just about had enough activity and wants to come home. And amazingly enough, he does know what home is, as by the time we come through the door, he's smiling again! Makes me slightly worried about our flight to sg this aug - what if he's upset he's not at home for 2 whole weeks?!? OMG. Oh well, not going to think about it till closer the date. Hopefully by then he's used to being out and about, he'll be fine!!fingers crossed very very tightly.

We've got his 3rd round of immunisations next Wed... they come round real quick!! and this time, it won't be pleasant at all as he'll have 3 shots. Tune in next week!

This May/June's turning into a wet wipe out. It's been raining more or less continuously for the last week or so... I'm getting depressed. I think Summer's come and gone... remember, the 10 days or so in April!!? Think that was it!

p x