Friday 1 May 2009

On leave...

and enjoying it!! :)

Finally... after what seems like a hectic 6 months with work, illnesses, work, illnesses... you get the picture, I've finally found a week's slot to take some time off. Today's the first day of my leave and G's in the nursery for half a day. It's not 11 yet, and I've already put in a load of washing, took G to the nursery, had some breakfast, gone to the car wash, dropped the dry cleaning off, hung the clothes out to dry, packed away G's old clothes and cooked Rendang...:) ! I don't think that's too bad for half a morning's work.

Since the last post, G's recovered from his bout of sickness and diahrea over Easter break (which we spent up north with his other Grandparents) and I came down with the same when we returned - resulting in me taking some sick leave. Another round of German MBAs turned up this time for 10 days and it was a hectic 1.5 weeks. Feedback was again very positive, which is great.

In between that, we attended Singapore Day 09 at Hampton Court Palace (https://app.singaporeday.gov.sg/index.html) and it was very pleasant. The weather was great, catching up with Em and family and Adrian and Shien was fun and of course, the food was fab (even though we had to queue and queue!). The portions were small but adequate, given that we were queuing and re-queuing for different types of food. G had his first taste of 'chwee quay' - loved it, and we also had mee siam, katong laksa, chilli crab, chay tow kway and satay. There were other stalls with chicken rice, prata etc but we didn't get round to them in time.

Came away with lots of free goodies...! I've yet to go through them but I will, in this week off. Will update with more photos soon. Gotta go tend to my rendang!