Tuesday 11 December 2007

End of term!!

This is week 12, and the end of term is nigh...! This friday, in fact. I can't believe it - we've survived yet another term. Funny how when I was at university as a student, I always thought my professors had a cushy life (they probably did - 15 years ago!), not having to teach so much and having long summer breaks. Now that I'm on the other side of the fence, I see that it's not so (nowadays anyways)... I've never had a full summer holiday - taking only a week or two at the max - and now that I'm going on maternity leave, I realise that actually, we are entitled to 30 days leave plus 13 days of bank holidays/public holidays! I really shouldn't be that silly and not take the hols entitled to myself. I've tried to take some time off the last couple of weeks but haven't been successful. Last couple of weeks, I've spent the time that I didn't have to do any teaching, reading PhD drafts and marking students' essays! Today, am doing another student's PhD draft! Am getting tired now.

We've put our christmas tree up and did up the lights last night - will try and stick a photo up here when we get round to it. Have started wrapping presents and writing christmas cards too. Can't believe it, it's 2 weeks to christmas!!

Going for the University Carol Service this evening, and meeting up with Jeanne and Matt before that for dinner. Looking forward to that!

ok - back to the grind now.

Love
P and the blue pea
29+2 weeks :)