Thursday 11 September 2008

Latest weigh in at 29 weeks...

and he's only put on a couple of hundred grams! He's now 7.92kg and is still 71cm. I've come to the conclusion that he was 68cm in Singapore (as measured by the paed), and he's definitely taller from Singapore.

George has also started eating abit of fish. I'm trying to mix with some sweet fruit and veg to make the transition easier... he seems to be ok.

Had a traumatic meeting at work today. Good news is I get the German programme back under my control. Not so good news - they've dumped 3 modules on me, even though I'm part time! Even though I have 2 PhD students currently under my supervision and 1 or 2 more coming on board once I'm back. Even though I'm also doing a significant administrative job. Did I mention I'm part time?! Can't see how I'll do all this in 2.5 days, which needs to include half a day of research, an office hour, prep time, admin time, PhD supervision time...... and the list goes on. Plus of course contact hours with students.

As a result, G didn't get his usual naps (not as long) and ended up falling asleep eating his dinner (poor baby!)... had a traumatising bath time, and calmed down after that, but has fallen asleep again. Let's hope he has a good night.

Am hoping to have a meeting with the relevant people next week to sort this whole mess out. In the meantime, in my first week back (part time), I've got a 2 hr meeting scheduled for Tues morning, and another 2 hr meeting for Wed afternoon. Which leaves me Tues afternoon, Wed morning and Friday morning to get my website up and going, and module guides and teaching team schedules out... ! argh.

p x